Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

I am 28 years old, I have lived in several different places including Pensacola, Florida, Oklahoma, Texas and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Montgomery, AL. I recently moved back to Mobile from Denison, Texas I had lived in Texas for the last 5 years. I moved to Texas 5 years ago from Montgomery because I had my second daughter who was born with major health issues, and had to transferred to "Children's Medical Center" in Dallas, TX. She is healthy now and so we moved back to Mobile, Al over the summer. This is my second semester at South, and I am attending USA because it is convenient, and offers the education major that I am desiring.

I am a single mother of three children I have a 9 year old daughter, 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. Raising my children is my primary focus in life at this point, along with obtaining my teaching degree. I also enjoy riding 4 wheelers with my friends in family. I enjoy cooking, I love having friends and family over and cooking for them.

When I started college I was a nursing major, but found myself being a single mom of three small children and started seeking other alternatives. While coaching my daughters church league of basketball one season, I felt so passionate about helping young children. I had a good feeling being a inspiration to the kids on the team. One little boy in particular, whom had a terrible home life, but I really connected with helped me to decided that education major is where I needed to go with my life. The fact that I will have the same schedule as my children also encouraged me to enter the field of education.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like you are a traveler, and a busy woman! Children make you busy alone. I do not have any children. One day I would love to have children and a complete family. Glad to see your daughter is better. I can only imagine what it could be like having a sick child while still having tending to two others. You will be a great teacher due to motherhood. I wish you the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete