Saturday, February 28, 2015

Blog Post #7

I believe that as future teachers in a totally new technology based learning environment. I am going to have to continue to learn about the newest resources and more importantly incorporate them in my classroom. I think the best way to prepare myself  to "use technology  effectively as a component of my classroom instruction" would be to start using it now. As we are required to make lesson plans or teach lessons before we graduate, incorporate technology in those lessons. Then using the technology becomes routine and natural for when I am in my own classroom.



In the first two videos 
Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library 
We all become learners
  Dr. Strange is discussing with two ladies from schools in Baldwin County about their use of technology in kindergarten classrooms. They ladies discuss their use of iMovie in their kindergarten classrooms and how the students were able to make book trailers. Also discussed was the resource "Alabama Virtual Library" a free resource that can be used for research by students. I am amazed that Kindergarten students are able to use iMovies to make book trailers with ease. I can honestly admit that I was completely confused and terrified by iMovie when it was assigned to me as a junior in college. I think it just goes to show what a different era students are learning in then I did when I was in elementary school 20 years ago. I have actually only heard of Alabama Virtual Library because of my daughter bringing home projects that required her to use the virtual library for research.

 In the video "we all become learners" the ladies discuss how everyone in the classroom becomes a learner and a teacher as well. She speaks about how when using iPads in her classroom its not just the teacher teaching the students it the students teaching other students and teaching the teacher. I think this is very important. As teachers we have to always be learners and be willing to learn from our students.

 I think my favorite video was the Top 10 reasons to use technology.
1. Students love it.
2. It engages the four key components to learning.
3. Professional Development.
4. Makes life easier for teachers.
5. Improves test scores.
6. Help students with low attention spans.
7. Learn from the experts.
8. Encourages homework.
9. Saves Money.
10. Removes obstacles.




https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8p4URPJU6z4AThCJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIycHIwdmpnBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM1N2JjMzcyZDE4NWU4ZmNlM2ZiNDZjZTk5MWZmMTQxZARncG9zAzIEaXQDYmluZw--?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Dipads%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bclassroom%2Bimages%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D2&w=590&h=393&imgurl=hothardware.com%2Fnewsimages%2FItem23045%2Fipads-in-the-classroom.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhothardware.com%2FNews%2FA-Twist-on-the-iPad-Minis-Intended-Purpose-The-Classroom%2F&size=99.9KB&name=Twist+on+the+%3Cb%3EiPad%3C%2Fb%3E+Mini%E2%80%99s+Intended+Purpose%3A+The+%3Cb%3EClassroom%3C%2Fb%3E&p=ipads+in+the+classroom+images&oid=57bc372d185e8fce3fb46ce991ff141d&fr2=piv-web&fr=&tt=Twist+on+the+%3Cb%3EiPad%3C%2Fb%3E+Mini%E2%80%99s+Intended+Purpose%3A+The+%3Cb%3EClassroom%3C%2Fb%3E&b=0&ni=21&no=2&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12lgitbgu&sigb=144tm8cuc&sigi=11v4ubrfi&sigt=128fu1k9l&sign=128fu1k9l&.crumb=rOAham0u3CT&fr2=piv-web&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Good job on the links and picture. I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete